This article includes:
What are Categorical Growth Scores?
The Categorical Growth Summary widget provides data on whether the teachers or selected schools have maintained the expected growth of their students in the selected subjects.
The categorical growth analysis of student scores is based on the comparison between the earliest and most recent benchmark assessments.
How do they work?
CG Widget builds its test-teacher-student connections from the moment a benchmark test labeled as a pre-test is scheduled. It takes all the students in a class, and ties them to that teacher/test.
The following categorizations are utilized to summarize effectiveness:
- Expected growth is Not Maintained This outcome is supported when observed growth is significantly below the expected growth.
- Expected growth is Maintained This outcome is supported when there is no statistically significant change between observed and expected growth.
- Expected growth is Exceeded This outcome is supported when observed growth is significantly greater than expected growth.
- Greater details can be found on the CG Scores Breakdown page
How do I view CG Scores?
Note: Only administrators can view the CG Scores.
To view the Categorical Growth Scores
- Click on the dashboard icon in the top right
- Click on the Categorical Growth Summary widget