One of the first steps in getting a class online is to create the actual class. For a PreK - 2 class, you only need to determine a name for the class and whether you want its status to be active. For a Grade 3+ class, the same applies, though there are a few other features that you can set or change if you want. These features include the ability to restrict student access to avatar and accessory purchases during specific days and hours, allow students to use the built-in calculator, allow Imagine Math to handle pathway enrollments, and enable sound effects during math practices. District administrators, school administrators and educators are all able to create a class using the steps that follow.
After a classroom has been set up, the next step is adding students to it.
If your district has implemented the use of a Student Information System (SIS) integration tool, the process of adding classes to your school may be automated by the tool. Check with your district prior to creating a class.
Before you begin
- Check with your district to ensure that classes are not being automatically managed by a SIS integration tool.
- Check with your site administrator or district administrator to ensure your school has been set up in Imagine Math.
- Check with your site administrator, district administrator or school administrator to ensure your personal account has been set up in Imagine Math.
To create a classroom
- In the navigation pane, go to math.imaginelearning.com.
The Imagine Math Log in page opens.
- Log into your school site.
- Click Educators & Families.
- Enter your educator Email address or username.
- Enter your educator Password.
If you can't remember your password, click Forgot your password? to reset it, or contact your Site Expert, Site Administrator or the Imagine Learning Customer Care team for help.
- (Optional) Click Show () to ensure you typed your password correctly. Click Hide () to re-hide it.
- Click Log in.
Your Imagine Math dashboard opens.
- Open the Classes page.
- If you're a school administrator or educator, click Management > Classrooms in the navigation pane.
- If you're a district administrator, click Management > Schools in the navigation pane, find your school, then click Classes under the Actions column.
The Classes page opens.
If you have already setup some classrooms, they appear on this page, as shown in the image above.
- Click Create a Class.
The Create a Class page opens.
- Under Name of your class type the name you want to use for this class.
If you have multiple classes, make sure you use a name that easily identifies this one. One format suggestion is subject - period for example: Algebra 1 - 6th Period or Algebra 1 - block 6
- If creating a PreK-2 class, skip to step 8. All settings and options specific to Grade 3+ classes are ignored when you create a PreK-2 class, so there is no need to disable the default settings.
- If creating a Grade 3+ class, continue with the next step.
Grade 3+ Additional Settings
The Avatar Settings prevent students from designing avatars and purchasing accessories on the days and hours you specify.
This table provides more details on each setting.
Setting Description Restrict Access Allows you to select the day(s) of the week on which to prevent students from creating avatars. Click the box next to the day to want to set. Start Time Allows you to select the time to begin restricting avatar design for the selected day. Select the hour, minute and AM or PM by clicking on each box. End Time Allows you to select the time to end restricting avatar design for the selected day. Select the hour, minute and AM or PM by clicking on each box.
- Grade 3+ Only Select the Avatar Settings you want to use.
The Imagine Math section includes a series of checkboxes that allow you to enable or disable additional Grade 3+ options.
This table provides more details.
Setting Description Allow students in this class to use the built-in calculator?
Grade 3+ only. Allows students to use the application's calculator.
Please be aware that even though the calculator may be disabled, it still appears for some item numbers on the Benchmark assessments where it has been deemed necessary by our partner, MetaMetrics.
Allow Imagine math to manage pathway enrollments? Grade 3+ only. Allows Imagine Math to manage pathway enrollments. Enable sound effects while students are doing math? Grade 3+only. Allows the use of the Imagine Math sound affects during math practice sessions.
- Grade 3+ Only To deselect a setting, click to remove the check from its associated checkbox.
- Ensure that the Active box is checked, if you want the class to be set to Active status.
- Click Save.
You're returned to the Classes page, where the new class has been saved under Active Classes if the Active checkbox was checked, or under Inactive Classes if it was unchecked.
For more information see: