A user can search for a student from the Enrollment page or the Student Demographics page. The Search tool allows the user a quick way to find a student by either the student's last name or Galileo student ID number. Prior to adding a student to Galileo, the user should search to ensure that the student is not already in the system.
Searching for a Student From the Enrollment Page
1. Access the Enrollment page (see Access the Enrollment Page)
2. In either the District or School box, type the student's last name or student ID number in the Search field.
a. As text is typed, the students containing the letters or ID number appear
b. Separate multiple name search by a semi-colon (;) (e.g. Apple;Garcia)
c. Wildcard search using an asterisk (*) is acceptable [link pending]
3. If there are more than 2,000 students in the District and/or School box, a message displays, and the search will need to be refined.
4. To select student(s), click the checkbox to the left of their name.
5. Once the students are selected, the user may:
a. View additional student information by clicking the i to the right of the student's name. Refer to the Student Information Page
b. Enroll a student in a School or Class. Refer to Enroll a Student for directions
c. Drop from a School or Class. Refer to Drop A Student for instructions
Searching for a Student From the Student Demographics Page
1. Click one of the following:
a. Student > Demographics
b. Setup > Student > Demographics
c. Student Demographics tile
2. Click the Search for student
a. If necessary, use the drop-down field to select the School. You may select the [Search all schools] option if you have the necessary user permissions
b. If necessary, use the drop-down Class field to select the class. you may select the [Search all classes] option if you have the necessary user permissions
3. Select the Search by radio button for Last Name or Student ID
4. Type either the last name or student ID based on which radio button you previously selected
5. Click Search