This article describes the process for submitting files to Imagine Learning so that an Imagine Learning employee can import your files. You should have already received an email from a member of the Imagine Learning customer experience team; if you have not yet received this email, contact your Customer Success Manager.
How do I roster?
- Download the templates. For each product you need to be rostered, download the appropriate educator and student templates linked below.
- Fill out the educator and student templates.
- Open the downloaded files in Excel (or another spreadsheet program).
- Excel will open the file in Protected View. Click "Enable Editing":
- The templates themselves will contain information about what values you can enter; click in an individual cell for more information.
- See "Common Roadblocks" below if a student or teacher needs to be in multiple classes (or schools).
- Save your templates as .xlsx files.
- Submit the templates.
- The email you received from the customer experience team should an upload link for your literacy templates and/or an upload link for your math templates.
- Open the provided link(s) and upload your two completed templates.
- When the files are all uploaded, reply to that email and let us know you have uploaded the files.
To help ensure that your files can be processed quickly and effectively, you can try to avoid these common roadblocks:
- Incomplete data: All columns should be filled out for each row (unless the template specifically directs otherwise).
- Mismatched school or class names: It is important that every time a specific school (or class) is referenced, it is spelled exactly the same way, in both files. It is also important that two different classes do not share the same name, even if they are in different schools.
- Invalid file format: It is important to always save these templates as .xslx files. Saving a file as a different format may cause the instructions to be lost.
- Incorrect assignment to multiple schools or classes: The correct way to assign a teacher (or student) to multiple schools or classes is by duplicating that teacher (or student) onto a new line, as shown in the image below. Note that multiple class or school assignments for students are not valid in any math product, nor are multiple school assignments for teachers valid in any math product.
- You have already used older templates: If you have taken advantage of assisted rostering in the past, you may be expecting different, more detailed templates (specifically, the four templates described here). You may still use those templates if desired. The templates linked on this page are simpler and require less technical expertise, and should be used in most cases.