What is a Playlist?
A playlist is a group of activities that a student, or a group of students, can be assigned to work through. Playlists can be created by any teacher or administrator that is assigned to a group, instructions on how to create a playlist can be found here: Creating a Playlist in the Activity Explorer
Students can only be assigned one playlist at a time. Assigning an additional playlist before the student begins working on the first will overwrite the previous playlist assignment. Once a playlist is assigned, the playlist cannot be edited.
After a playlist has been assigned to a student, they will begin working on it as soon as they finish their current activity. Playlists can contain a maximum of 12 activities. After completing the 12th activity students return to their normal activity sequence.
Students may be assigned up to 12 playlist activities within any 7-day period.
When a playlist is completed, a new playlist may be assigned, but the student may be eligible for fewer activities depending on when the previous playlist was completed
Reporting Data for Playlists
Teachers can view when a playlist is assigned, in progress, or completed in the Playlist Manager. When a student is playing through an assigned playlist, usage data is counted. While scoring data is not displayed for activities played in a playlist, student artifacts such as recordings and written responses are available for teachers to view in the Portfolio.
Are there limitations to the playlist?
- There is no limit to the number of playlists a teacher may create. However, students may only be assigned one playlist at a time with a maximum of twelve activities per playlist. For now, playlists cannot be shared between teachers but we do know this is a feature customers want.
- If students are assigned to a playlist or have completed a playlist, the playlist can no longer be edited nor deleted.
Are all browsers supported with the new Activity Explorer?
- The new Activity Explorer is only compatible with Chrome and is not yet available to mobile users.
If I launch an activity from the Action Areas Tool will it now launch in app.imaginelearning.com?
- No, Action Areas Tool will stay the same and for now will remain independent from the Activity Explorer/Playlist. In the future, we plan to provide a seamless and integrated intervention experience.
Are any curriculum areas missing?
- Currently there are three curriculum areas that still need to be added: Academic Vocabulary, Decodable Words, and Reading Vocabulary.
Does Imagine Español have access to the new Activity Explorer and Playlist?
- No, currently Activity Explorer/Playlist is only available for Imagine Language & Literacy though we are continuously looking to provide similar features across products.
Can a student be assigned the same Playlist more than once?
- Yes they can.