Below are the criteria that students must meet in order for the Benchmark and/or Lexile Assessments to be available.
1. The test needs to be enabled (Admins only)
2. We must be within a current testing window. The testing windows are as follows:
- Beginning of Year (BOY): Aug 1 - Oct 31
- Middle of Year (MOY): Dec 1 - Feb 28
- End of Year (EOY): Apr 1 - Jun 30
3. The student needs to access the program via a supported version of the program (Version 1.103.3895 or newer)
4. At least 90 days must have passed since the completion of the last assessment of the same type, before students are eligible for the next available assessment. (This window is a bit bigger between the initial placement test and the middle of the year benchmark test, it is 93 days.)
Example: If a student completes the Benchmark and Lexile assessments on 1/1, they must wait until 4/1 before they can take the next Benchmark and Lexile assessments.
5. LEXILE ONLY - Students must be enrolled in Grade 2 or higher and pass Lesson 48 within beginning books curriculum (the must have completed block H of the progress by lesson table)
6. Is the student in the middle of a lesson or assessment? Students must complete their lesson or assessment before any of the assessments will begin.
NOTE: Students have 28 calendar days to complete the assessment once they begin. If students log into an unsupported client or extend past the 28 days before completing the assessment, their score will show up as Expired.
If students meet the above criteria, then they should see the assessment during their next session. If you believe your students are eligible and have not seen the assessments, please contact Customer Care.