Groups are required to track individual and collective student performance and usage. Each student should be assigned to at least one group. Both Administrators and Teachers can assign students to a group. You can also assign a student to a group when you create a new student account (either by importing roster data with group assignments or by adding a new student account individually).
Administrators can assign students to any group assigned to the organization. Teachers can only assign students to groups that the staff member is assigned to. You can add as many student accounts to a group as you need to. You can also assign the same student to multiple groups, if necessary.
To assign student accounts to a group
- Log in to the Literacy Suite. If this is your first time logging in, choose Imagine Lectura.
- Click Manage Groups under the Manage heading.
- Search, filter, or page to find the group that you want to assign students to.
- Click Manage Students () next to the group that you want to assign students to.
- Click Add.
- Click Add Students Manually to create new student accounts, choose existing student accounts, or reactivate existing student accounts to add to the group.
- Choose the School that you want to assign student accounts to, then click Next.
- Choose the Group that you want to assign student accounts to, then click Next.
- Click Choose from Active Students to assign existing student accounts to your group, then click Next. Click Reactivate or Create Students if you want to create new student accounts to add to your group.
- Click the checkbox next to the student accounts you want to add to the group, then click Next.
- Click the checkbox for each product that you want to assign to the student, then click Next. When you assign a product to the student, they can log in and begin using it.
- Choose any product settings for the products you've assigned, then click Save. If a product setting does not apply to the product you chose, it does not display.
Field Description Session Time Specifies the student's session time in minutes. The session time is the amount of time the student should play Imagine Lectura during a single session. Audio Support When the speaker icon is selected in a lesson, the audio support plays the paragraph text in the language it is written. Audio support is enabled by default. Language Support is not available at this time.
You'll see a confirmation of the products and settings that you've assigned to students.
- Click Done.