This article applies to the following products:
- Imagine Math
- Imagine Math Facts
What is a Data Reset?
A data reset is the process of preparing returning customers for a new school year by clearing out old academic data before rostering occurs in the new school year. All resets must occur at the district level, which triggers a concurrent data reset for all schools within the district. In the Imagine Math suite, no student data is saved or stored year over year.
The 2023 universal default reset date is July 28, 2023.
- Districts that do not respond to their CSM's correspondence regarding EOY processes will be reset on July 28, 2023.
- Leave the reset date as July 28th if your school year and summer school session both end before July 28th.
Districts that want a different reset date must contact their CSM. You may choose any date June 19th or after as long as the reset takes place BEFORE rostering for the new school year.
- If your school year and/or summer school session end after July 28th, select the earliest possible date after their conclusion.
- All automated nightly import syncs will pause on the reset date and will be turned back on when your rostering for the new year is complete.
- Because no math data is stored year after year, download a copy of this year's data for your records before your reset date occurs. The Student Data Export report will capture year-to-date usage and results data for all students in a single spreadsheet.
- Additionally, teachers may want to print any individual Student Progress reports (IM PreK-2 | IM 3+) that may be needed during the upcoming school year. For Imagine Math 3+ students enrolled in multiple pathways, each pathway should be printed separately.
What Data is Archived/Deleted/Retained?
Returning and new students have completely new accounts so they start out fresh at the start of each year. As shown in the table below, only educator accounts and organizations (schools and districts) are saved year over year.
|Data||Action Taken for Data Reset|
|Student THINK Points (Imagine Math 3+ students)||Deleted/set to 0; returning students will begin accumulating THINK Points again in the new school year.|
|Student Avatars (Imagine Math 3+ students)||Deleted; returning students will create new avatars in the new school year.|
|Student Academic Data||Assessment, Progress, Pathway, and Usage data are all deleted.|
Remove educators no longer with the organization or using the program.
|Organizations (schools and districts)||Retained|