This article does not apply to students taking the embedded Imagine Language & Literacy Benchmark or the NWEA™ MAP® Growth Assessment. It only applies to students taking the Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark in Imagine Language & Literacy (IL&L). If you aren't sure which assessment your school is using, read Checking which assessment option your organization is using.
When your organization has selected the Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark as their assessment provider with Imagine Learning, IL&L places your students in their correct starting point in the program's learning path by mapping the ELA Benchmark scores to the applicable IL&L instructional content.
Upon initial login to IL&L, first-time students are prompted to take the Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark and are unable to access IL&L until they finish the ELA Benchmark for their rostered grade level. Imagine Learning then uses the students' ELA Benchmark score to automatically determine the students' placement in their learning sequence. Immediately after being placed in their learning path, new students who had difficulty demonstrating mastery (as indicated by their ELA Benchmark score) also receive a mini-diagnostic to further tweak their "just-right" starting point in the curriculum.
For returning IL&L students, students resume their learning paths upon logging into IL&L and no mini-diagnostics are delivered after subsequent Benchmarks. When Imagine Learning receives new ELA Benchmark scores throughout the year, students' placement is reevaluated. If a student moves to a different classification (such as moving from on-grade level to below, or from below-grade level to on), their learning path is adjusted to move them forward or backward in content in the Literacy strand only. (The Grammar and Oral Vocabulary strands are not affected). Students who move backward in content are not prompted to repeat lessons that they have already completed, as only content that students previously skipped will now be delivered.
Although Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark scores do not display directly in the IL&L dashboard, you can access Galileo 1, 2, and 3 Scores and Percentiles by running the Cumulative Performance report within IL&L. However, logging in to Imagine Galileo K-12 provides more reporting options and allows for more in-depth tracking of student performance.
To view complete Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark information:
- Log in to Imagine Language & Literacy.
Click the Go to Imagine Assessment: Galileo button in the Growth section of your dashboard.
- When viewing the dashboard at the district level (District Administrators only), the Go to Imagine Assessment: Galileo button is always present.
- When viewing the dashboard at the school level (District Administrators and School Administrators only), the Go to Imagine Assessment: Galileo button is always present.
- When viewing the dashboard at the group level (District Administrators, School Administrators, or Teachers), if Imagine Galileo is the assessment provider for at least one student in the group you are viewing, the Growth section of your IL&L dashboard redirects you to Imagine Galileo. If your group is composed only of students using the IL&L embedded assessment, the Growth section displays the embedded Benchmark data instead.
- In Imagine Galileo K-12, you'll see a dashboard similar to the one shown below. From this dashboard, Teachers and Administrators can schedule the ELA Benchmark tests and view test results.
- Visit the Using Imagine Galileo K-12 with Imagine Language & Literacy section of the Help Center for assistance with understanding the Imagine Galileo K-12 ELA Benchmark, scheduling and administering it, and viewing student scores.